Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 1 Matthew Kenney Culinary Academy

     Today the journey begins for Hailey and I.  We both started at the Matthew Kenney Culinary Academy.  It is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA.  Both of us entering a culinary world with excitement and the desire to hone our skills.
     I arrived last night in Venice Beach.  A little nervous as my baggage did not arrive with me to LAX.     I was a bit off kilter as my belongings and school uniform reside in my bag.  Nonetheless, woke up early and had a beautiful walk on the beach from Venice to Santa Monica.  Lo and behold, the first person I saw was Hailey!  What a pleasure to see her as it had been a couple of months.  The class started promptly at 8am.  We have a great instructor, Cristina, from Bogota, Colombia.
     Our first day was a lot of reviewing of what the program has to offer.  We were given a tour of the classroom and the attached restaurant, M.A.K.E.  A lovely facility with top notch equipment located in Santa Monica Place.  Most of what we did was talk about expectations and guidelines of the class.  Very informative but by the end I think all of us were ready to get going.  A group of 6 students in class including Hailey and I.  We also have a contestant on Top Chef Season 6 in our class.  Kinda cool.
     It was an exciting day as we were given a glimpse of our curriculum for the month.  Get to bed early tonight and arrive bright eyed and bushy tailed  tomorrow.  Raw & Juicy representing Cali style!

No comments:

Post a Comment